The first question is: How do you know if you should hire a wedding planner? Many couples never even consider hiring a wedding planner or day of coordinator, but why? What you don’t realize, is that having outside help can save you time, stress, and even money. Here’s an easy checklist to find out if you need to consider hiring outside help:
- You have a short engagement
- You are behind schedule on your timeline
- You are having a hard time envisioning your wedding
- You don’t know where to start
- You’re not good at planning or organizing things
- You feel overwhelmed or stressed out at the thought of planning your wedding
- You don’t have outside help (or you want your outside help to be able to enjoy your wedding day and not be “working”!)
If you’ve come to the conclusion that you need some assistance to either help you plan the big day, or to just help you on the day of, then keep reading!
There are so many talented wedding planners and coordinators for you to choose from. How do you know which one is the right fit for you? Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself about the wedding planner you’re considering:
- Are they passionate about what they do?
- Are they priced within your budget?
- When you met them – do your personalities mesh well together?
- Have they managed an event like yours before?
- Do you like their communication style?
When all is said and done, you want to be able to enjoy your day. Hiring someone to help you plan and execute allows you and your family members to sit back, relax, and enjoy all your hard work leading up to it. So why not leave it to the pros….
If you are looking for some great wedding planners or day of coordinators in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, here are some of my favorite (apparently I like ones that start with the letter “B”!):